Saturday, September 6, 2014

Washington Cup Day Picks

It is Washington Cup Day. A day to celebrate the greatness that is Washington. And I have got some great longshot picks for you tomorrow: Trackattacker and Noosito. You may only get a 5% return on your investment but that is just as good of a return as Ferndale Municipal Bond and less risky because you never know when Canada will invade. So here are my unbelievably chalk eating picks for the day:

Race 2 - #4 Preachinatsagoi - Remember from my earlier post, always bet Preachinatthebar first timers at Emerald. My place pick is #6 Silver Ovation who has some experience over these.

Race 3 - #1 Fisher Creek - This is my favorite handicapping angle: always bet on the horse off a 4 year layoff. My deep affection for Kris Kross makes me pick #3 Hip Hop City for second.

Race 4 - #2 Noosito - Do you have a better alternative? He is still a colt so you have to wonder if they are thinking stallion down the road being a full to Music of My Soul and Noosa Beach. I am going to pick #1 Hoody for second because I don't want people to think I am the marketing arm of Bar C (So I leave off Trick or Retreat).

Race 5 - #1 Trackattacker - Ok, I am the marketing arm for Bar C. Any better ideas? Second, I will pick #5 because the Search is Over was a Survivor song. Great video.


The lead singer of Survivor died this week. RIP.

Race 6 - Hold on, there are no Harbor the Golds to pick? What to do? I will go with #2 Madame Pele because, despite the layoff, she has been working up a storm and there is nobody named Debbie, Smoothie or Window in this race. My second pick is #4 Stephanie Plum. I have tons of respect for the #1 Castinette Dancer, but it seems like she is not the same horse she used to be. I studied the form on #5 She's Top for a while and gave tons of credit to the Prineville and Tilamook races but couldn't see her hitting the board.

Race 7 - Going with #6 Dancing with Effie for the minor upset. I think she is getting better at the right time. Also, have a soft spot for #5 Fine Red Wine (and also just wine) so I will pick her for second.

Race 8 - Have to pick #7 Chu and You who has a decisive pace advantage in this race. #4 Mylast Sweet Pea for second. The best thing for G-Mitch to do is to ride this race like the Kent Handicap and put pressure on Chu and You. If he does that, I say Sweat Pea may pass Chu and You deep in the stretch. Basic and chalky. Soft spots for Chrissy's Wedding and Sunpenny.

Race 9 - Going outside the box a little with #5 Dare me Devil. Should be able to close on a duel between Mike Man's Gold and I Keep Saying. Mike stays on for second.

Race 10 - #7 No Claim Will Do wins by 20 and is sold to Godolphin for $40 million and is subsequently ungelded. He becomes the most legendary sire since Northern Dancer.

Race 11- #7 Agoodlawyer Willdo. If you want a great lawyer, equine or otherwise, consider the Law Offices of William Brewer, PLLC.

Over/under on Harbor The Gold stakes wins tomorrow is 2.5. I am going with over.

See everyone tomorrow.

Always Love Your Animals,

Will

No comments: