Saturday, October 25, 2014

Breeders' Cup and Keeneland

The rumors of the Military Hawk blog's demise have been greatly exaggerated. Took some time off after the end of the Emerald season to fast on a diet of tea leaves while sitting in a tree in the Renton Ikea parking lot. Although I picked up some Fyrkantigs, a Flardfull and a Gronkulla, I still can't figure out how to use this:

Been preparing for the Breeders' Cup and Keeneland for the last week. Will hope to do some live blogging from Santa Anita (actually, the Ontario Airport La Quinta. Actually, the Ontario Airport La Quinta pool because it appears there is no karaoke bar at the La Quinta....fail. My rendition of Bust a Move by Young MC is generational changing). Also hoping to do some blogging from Keeneland if I can get my business taken care of early enough (and by business, I don't mean the three The Liquor Barns in the Lexington area).

Speaking of Breeders' Cup preparation, you know you have a problem when it is 3 a.m. and you have an strong desire to learn French, not for the sake of learning a new language, but because you want to understand what is going when watching race replays from Longchamp in Paris. And that is the only reason you want to learn French. Why would you want to learn a language for the sake of learning a language? I mean really:


I think he said croissant at some point in there. Understood that. Fell in love with Tarfasha after watching race replays from France and Ireland. Love those white socks on here. She finishes fourth in the race above and wins here:


If anybody from the Northwest is going to Keeneland November, send me a message. The Bar C posse mentioned getting together people for dinner while out in Kentucky. That would be fun. Maybe there is a Waffle House we could close down.

If you are participating in the Emerald Downs Breeders' Cup challenge against me this year, prepare to get completely dominated.

Not one of you have asked about my dog and cat lately. They are doing fine.

Always Love Your Animals,

Will

No comments: