Friday, July 4, 2014

July 5th Stakes Picks - Belmont, Oak Tree, Los Alamitos and More!!!

Happy 4th of July. I celebrated again this year by exercising my three favorite rights: My 3rd Amendment right to not have soldiers quartered in my home, my 21st Amendment which protects my right to party and the 28th Amendment right to handicap races. It's called the Constitution, look it up. I am a patriot.

Selfies are popular right now, so I thought I would do a selfie with one of my favorite girls Wedding Kake:



And, of course, a Wedding Kake photo bomb:



I swear I only have one chin. Bad positioning.

Very good card at Belmont tomorrow and some good stakes races at other venues, so I took a look at  all the stakes races. Here are my picks:

Dwyer Stakes: Kid Cruz and Ulanbator (longshot). Kid Cruz won the Easy Goer on Belmont day in a good performance. Ulanbator is improving at the right time and finished second to Tapiture in his last race. Good chance at a good price.

Belmont Sprint Championship: I am going with longshot Moonlight Song (12-1). Had some time off after beating Palace in his last race. Palace is much lower odds (9/2), but I still think the horse has a shot. Central Banker is the class of the field and needs to be included.

Belmont Derby Invitational Stakes: Nice purse and a very good and large field. Tons of rain at Belmont today so the ground maybe a little soft so that favors the European horses. Best thing to do is spread in your horizontal wagers (Pick 4) and include Adelaide, Global View, Dance with Fate and Gailo Chop.

Suburban Handicap: Going to go with another longshot here in Mylute (12-1). There are plenty of others to include in horizontals:  Norumbega, Romansh, and Micromanage.

Belmont Oaks Invitational: Just think you need to go three deep in this race. If you put in Xcellence, Flying Jib and Room Service, you should have your bases covered.

Los Alamitos Derby: Shared Belief is, in my opinion, tied for the best 3-year-old in the country with Untapable. Makes it an easy pick.

Juan Gonzalez Memorial at Pleasanton: Going with Sea Mona. I think she is better than these and she is 6-1 on the morning line.

Grants Pass Race 6 $4000 Allowance: A tough competitive field of four. Seattle Diner finished 3rd in the Praise Jay Thoroughbred Stakes at Crooked River. Cousin Eddy finished 6th in the Oregon H.B.P.A Au Revoir Handicap. Captain Gavel finished 6th in Lethal Grande Sprint Championship. Hock is by Nucay out of Can't Be Slew mare so the horse cannot be ignored. Your call in this four horse field.

Always Love Your Animals,

Will

No comments: