Saturday, June 7, 2014

Belmont Day Picks for All Races

Happy Belmont Day! Safe trip to all of our human and equine athletes. This is one of the best single cards of racing I have ever seen. It is as good as a Breeders' Cup Saturday of racing (Except the BC Turf Mile is my favorite race). There are some seriously good races. The best race on the day is the Ogden Phipps stakes. Here are my picks for the first 11 races in order of preference.

I will likely be playing both the Pick 4s and maybe the Pick 5. In some legs of the Pick 4s, I am using more than 3 horses in some legs and less than three horses in others, but I am providing just my top three picks.

Race 1: #2 Bernardo, #7 Forever Thing, #9 Jimmy Connors

Race 2 Easy Goer Stakes: #7 Legend, #1 Life in Shambles, #3 Effinex

Race 3 Brooklyn Handicap: #4 Cat Burglar, #1 Eriugena, #2 Ground Transport (lone speed)

Race 4 Jaipur: #11 Salto, #10 Marchman, #6 Undrafted (Owned by Wes Welker). Here is Wes Welker getting owned: 



Race 5 Woody Stephens: #7 Tonito M, #3 Havana, #11 Social Inclusion

Race 6 Acorn: #8 My Miss Sophia, #5 Sweet Reason (cutting back to one turn), #7 Unbridled Forever

Race 7 Ogden Phipps: #2 Antipathy, #3 Belle Gallantey, #4 Classic Point

Just Kidding: #5 Beholder, #1 Close Hatches, #6 Princess of Sylmar

Race 8 Just A Game: #9 Discreet Marq, #6 Stephanie's Kitten, #4 Somali Lemonade

Race 9 Met Mile: #13 Shakin it Up, #4 Goldencents, #5 Moreno

Race 10 Manhattan: #3 Rookie Sensation, #6 Seek Again, #4 Grandeur (1st Time Lasix)

Race 11 Belmont:  #7 Samraat, #1 Medal Count, #11 Tonalist

And finally, let's remember one of the great Triple Crown winners:


I took this when I visited Hill 'n' Dale.

Good luck tomorrow. Safe trips.

Always Love Your Animals,

Will



No comments: